|Maine State Vital Records
Maine State Vital Records Office
Office of Vital Statistics
221 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
Records include birth, marriage, divorce, and death records since from 1923 to the present.
Check out our FREE sample letter you can use to send to vital records offices!
Popham Colony, Maine, 1607-08
CD-ROM: The First Maine Heavy Artillery
Update: The First Maine Heavy Artillery CD-ROM
Maine Historical Society Online
Dexter, Maine Obituaries Online
Popham Colony, Maine, 1607-1608
Old Dunstable, Maine and New Hampshire Founders
Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire
Maine Pensioners, 1835
Maine Census, 1800-90
Henry Ellis, Trip from Maine to California, 1849
Maine Pioneers, 1623-60
Maine Will Abstracts, 1640-1760
Maine Revolutionary War Bounty Applications, 1835-36
Aroostook War (Maine) History and Roster
Bangor, Maine City Directories, 1882-92
Portland, Maine Directories, 1889-91
Maine Military Men, 1917-18
Biddeford, Maine Directory, 1890-91
Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine, Directory, 1908
History of Paris, Maine to 1880
Maine Marriages to 1875
Augusta, Maine Directory, 1882
Waldo County, Maine Births, 1743-1892: Belfast
Waldo County, Maine Deaths, 1743-1892: Belfast
St. George, Maine Town History, 1605-1892
Gardiner, Kennebec County Maine, Birth & Death records 1800 - 1892
Hancock County, Maine, Cemetery Records, Volume I
Lewiston & Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine, 1860 directory
History of the Town of Leeds, Androscoggin County, Maine
Rumford, Oxford County, Maine: Town History
Litchfield, Maine: Town History, 1895
Buckfield, Oxford County, Maine: Town History to 1900
Saco and Biddeford, York County, Maine: Town History
Lincoln County, Maine: Probates, 1760-1800
Bangor, Maine City Directory, 1882
Bangor and Brewer, Maine City Directories, 1871-72
Lewiston and Auburn, Maine City Directories, 1876-77
Biddeford and Saco, Maine City Directory, 1849
Notes of Livermore, in Androscoggin (formerly in Oxford) County, Maine
Casco Bay, Maine Directory, 1923-24
Eliot and York, Maine City Directory, 1923
History of Waterford, Oxford County, Maine
Family History Centers
- What is a Family History Center?
- Family History Centers are branches of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Centers provide access to many of the microfilms and microfiche in the Family History Library to help you identify your ancestors.
- Location and Hours
- There are more than 3,400 centers worldwide. To find a Family History Center near you, see the list of addresses below.
- Before you visit, you should contact the center to verify when it is open.
- Staff members will show you around the center, answer some research questions (research expertise in each center varies), help you use center resources, and order microfilms and microfiche from the Family History Library.
- Many centers offer classes on different genealogical research topics.
- Most centers have a computer with FamilySearch, which helps you search for information about your ancestors. FamilySearch includes Family History Library Catalog, International Genealogical Index, Ancestral File, Social Security Death Index, Scottish Church Records and the United States Military Index
- Most also have Personal Ancestral File, a computer program that allows you to organize your family history information.
- Most centers also have a variety of resource files, microfilms, microfiche and published material such as genealogies, histories, gazetteers, atlases and maps at your disposal.
Family History Centers Near You
Information about state archives and libraries:
Maine State Archives
State House Station #84
Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Telephone: (207) 287-5795
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00, closed 11:30-12:30 Monday-Friday for lunch, closed all state holidays
Records include census records, vital records, court records, land records, cemetery indexes, newspapers, family histories, probate records, and military records. More information is available through the Maine Historical Society, listed below.
Information about state genealogical societies:
Maine Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 221
Farmington, ME 04938-0221
Publication: The Maine Seine, Maine Genealogical Society Newsletter
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Telephone: (207) 774-1822
See also: Maine Genealogy at Live Roots,
and Original Maine Documents